New gadgets, apps and software platforms can be so exciting. They can also cripple your productivity and destroy employee morale. A leader’s reputation can be destroyed by rolling out impulsive changes. Proper implementation of new technology takes planning and time.
1. Slow down. Implementation takes planning, time and money – don’t rush it.
2. Employee Engagement. Ask what they need instead of telling them what they get.
3. Solve a problem. Consider the cost-benefit of change.
4. Consider long term goals. Is this a ‘band-aid’ or a step to meeting long term strategic objectives?
5. Plan, plan, plan. Budget for testing, training, documentation, implementation, and follow up.